This keto burger is based on the popular Beer Can Burger which is ground beef wrapped in bacon and filled with roasted vegetables and cheese. I used roasted onions, bell peppers and mushrooms and topped each burger with homemade mustard, Sriracha and grated cheddar cheese. Bacon Wrapped And Cheese Stuffed Burgers – You must try this recipe.
Let us know if you liked this recipe. Try the other recipe categories as well!
- 2 tbsp ghee or lard (30 g/ 1.1 oz)
- 1 medium white onion, sliced (110 g/ 4 oz)
- 2 ½ cups sliced bell peppers (225 g/ 8 oz)
- 2 cups sliced white mushrooms (140 g/ 5 oz)
- 1 kg ground beef (2.2 lb)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 10 thin-cut slices bacon (150 g/ 5.3 oz)
- 1 ¼ cups shredded cheddar cheese (140 g/ 5 oz)
- 5 tsp Sriracha – (you can even use homemade ketchup or BBQ sauce)
- 5 tsp Dijon mustard
- Grease a large pan with ghee. Once hot, add sliced onion and cook over a medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add sliced bell peppers and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add sliced mushrooms and cook for 3-5 minutes. Take off the heat.
- Use your hands to divide the ground beef into 5 parts (200 grams or 7.1 ounces each). Flatten each part using your hands. Then take a glass and place in the middle of the burger to create a well. Fold the meat up round the glass to create a bowl shape.
- Wrap 2 slices of bacon round the “meat bowl”. Then, remove the glass carefully by gently twisting and pulling it up.
- Fill each “meat bowl” with the onion-pepper-mushroom mixture and a teaspoon of Sriracha and Dijon mustard.
- Finally, top with ¼ cup of grated cheese. Repeat for the remaining burgers.
- Place in the oven and bake at 300 F/ 150 C for 45-60 minutes (until the meat thermometer registers 165 F/ 75 C). When done, remove from the oven and let the burgers rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve with crispy greens or other low-carb veggies.
Nutritional values (per serving, 1 burger)
|of which Saturated||26.5||grams|
|Magnesium||60||mg (15% RDA)|
|Potassium||880||mg (44% EMR)|
Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (2%), protein (25%), fat (73%).
Recipe By Martina Slajerova
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember, We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.